Lots of people have been asking us for the dates for next year's Dawlish Celebrates Carnival events as you all had a great time this year! We are a new group who organised it this year and are hoping to continue next year, but there's a few things we need to get in place first.
We aim to announce a date within the next few weeks.
Keep watching this page and our current website for updates.
If you'd like to be added to our mailing list or would like to help us next year as a volunteer then send us an email with your name and contact details to :
We'd love to hear from you!
We've been asked to post the answers to the Adult and Kids quizzes so here we go...
Adult Quiz - Winner Chris Saich
1 - 6 feet in a fathom
2 - Erich Weiss was better known as Harry Houdini
3 - Carl and the Passions changed their band name to the Beach Boys
4 - Animal lays eggs - either Oviparous or duck billed platypus
5 - Most successful Grand National Horse - Red Rum
6 - What digit does not exist in Roman Numerials - zero
7 - Dick Turpin rode the horse Black Bess
8 - Non-alcoholic cordial made from pomegranates - Grenandine
9 - Largest state in USA is Alaska
10 - Robin Williams dressed in drag for the 1993 Mrs Doubtfire
11 - China grows the most fruit
12 - Triskadeccaphobia is the fear of 13 (number 13)
13 - Brotherhood of Man won the Euro song contest with "Save all your kisses for me"
14 - You would find a Hare in a form
15 - Roger Bannister was the first man to run a sub four minute mile
16 - The sick make pilgrimages to Lourdes in France
17 - La Giaconda is better known as the Mona Lisa
18 - Alexander Graham Bell was born in 1847 in Edinburgh in Scotland
19 - The autobiography 'The Long Walk to Freedom' was by Nelson Mandela
20 - Capital of Morocco was Rabat.
Kids Quiz - Winners Zach and Megan Willson
1. British Plane was Bulldog
2. Disney Princesses are: Snow White, Cindrella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, Anna
3. The dust talent fairy is Terence.
4. James P Sullivan is full name of Mike Wazowski's best friend
5. Belle's horse is Phillippe
6. Phrase ' no worries' is from the Lion King and Hakuna Matata
7. Mulan's little red dragon companion is Mushu
8. Lightening Mc Queen meets his best friend Mater in Radiator Springs
9. Snow White's dwarfs - Bashful, Doc, Happy, Sleepy, Dopey, Sneezy and Grumpy
10. Ray fell in love with Evangeline
11. Just keep swimming was said in Finding Nemo by Dory
12. Cinderella's Fairy Godmother turns mice into Horses
13. Name four of the main characters in Little Mermaid - Aerial, Flounder, Sebastian, Ursula, Prince Eric, Scuttle, King Triton
14. 3 Good fairies in Sleeping Beauty - Flora, Fauna and Merryweather
15. Queen Else is Queen of Arendelle.